26 February 2010

I Found My 6th Great Grandparents!

I’m so excited! Now that I’m a family history consultant I have my own keys to the family history center over at the church (which means I don’t have to ask someone else to go open the doors and sit around there while I look at my microfilms). I went over last night after dinner and was there until almost midnight. I was discouraged earlier because I didn’t think I’d be able to do anything with these microfilms I ordered a few months ago because I had so much trouble reading the records (in the old German gothic script), but I thought I’d keep looking at them, and last night I found the marriage record for my 5th great grandparents, Ignatius Fritz and Maria Elisabetha Wunsch. Although I can’t pick out much more than the names and numbers from the records, that’s enough. So, now I have parents for Ignatius and Maria Elisabetha. I didn’t have names for my 6th great grandparents before – I’m so excited! I am still trying to determine the correct spelling for Maria Elisabetha's mother's maiden name. I’ll try to get these records posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment